Updated: Jul 29
There are so many amazing shows at this year's Edfringe.
If you like my style of comedy (and why would you be on here if you didn't you weirdo?) then here are a few that I would definitely recommend that you check out and see.
These guys are eccentric, unique, alternative and just all brilliant.
Shows you should go and see....
- Lovely man from Australia who is a book nerd and knows a lot about economics.
- Brings the Vibe in a way that makes you feel like a feminist and empowered manic pixie dream.
- Go and see this woman for her style alone and then be jealous of both her comedy skills and her dress sense.
- Best I-Shit-Myself-story ever.
- This is art and this is what the fringe is ABOUT. Please go.
- They have a sketch about Stephen King and Tabitha King. Need I say more?
-Phenomenal funny legend directed by the phenomenal funny Joz Norris.
- Clown Madness with too many props.
- Horror comedy by one of the best physical theatre performers I've seen in yonks.
- Good long eggs with silliness galore.
- Characters. Charisma. Nerve and So MUCH Talent
- You just have to go.
- This woman is a future artist that Performance Art Grads will write their thesis about.
- You can't get better stand up
- His dance as Atlas is one of the silliest things I've ever seen. We once did a naked Hamlet together on stage. See this man.
- We used to live together and he has gorgeous hair and a gorgeous voice and filthy jokes. Not Tim Minchin.
- Frankly if this does not win every award and get the accolades it deserves the whole fringe is flawed.
- I wish I had been able to see this woman live on stage when I was growing up because she is inspiring and funny as hell.
- Silliness and Garth Marenghi oddity to the ecore.
- You have to love Jen Ives. She's ON it.
- He is Cult. If you want to be cult, see JR.
- No one can sit on a chair like him. Go to see him sit on a chair.
- She is a goddess that makes your heart soar and your stomach muscles churn from laughing.
- SUCH A FUNNY SILLY STUPID ONE MAN SKETCH SHOW FROM ONE OF THE KINDEST MEN IN THE WORLD.
- There is only one Joz Norris.
- Clown silliness from the doe eyed princess Julia Masli.
- You can't help but feel giddy with euphoria from seeing Katie and her joyous musical comedy.
Laura loves plants, loves brioche, loves life and her comedy is like a beautiful couture gown with how it is woven together.
- Lauren should be Prime Minister because there is no one so on it as she is. She is the word EUREKA in one person.
Smut. So much smut.
These boys make me cry laughing every time. I just cannot.
TOO MANY PROPS and a very good mime.
Her engagement story had me crying with laughter. She's like how I imagine all The Losers Club would be in one person and that is a big compliment.
Mary had be aching with laughter when I saw her at a gig the other day. She is as sharp as a knife Kathy Bates would use.
Heard so so so many things about this show. Cannot wait to see her.
Just from witnessing this angel on stage at one of my clown courses, I know this is going to be super.
Again, another student from one of my clown courses. Nikki entranced me then and no doubt will entrance you on stage.
These women take sketch to places it should not go and I love them for it.
I mean, if you don't know who Paul Foot is... where have you been?
Phil is chaos and will probably breach all health and safety rules in the process of his set.
Such an acerbic and nuanced comedian.
Never seen Richard but I have heard awesome things and this sounds awesome.
SOLID GOOD EGG THIS ONE.
Rosie Holt: The Woman's Hour (I directed this one)
Character comedy that is razor sharp.
Oh go on. Go. If you saw Hilda and The Spectrum then you need to see this. No one can do characters like Ryan.
Physical clown fun.
Silly AND sexy? What!?
My god children. Had to include them.
Sikisa is god.
Siblings on stage. What isn't to love?
Sooz is the most loveable nerd queen of us all.
Every time I see Susan on stage I fall more in love with her.
Keep thinking about what this man can do with a Rubik's cube.
Technically a mixed bill but Simon Watt who runs this is ace and deserves praise for such a dynamic concept.
Has a joke on Portugal that kills me.
Seen this guy do some very exciting alternative short sets so interested to see his full hour.
Faye is divine AND has a trumpet.
Will is to comedy what a strong oak tree is to a forest.
Always cry laughing watching Yasmine.
The way Yuriko plays with rhythm on stage is a delight.
Paid me to include him on this list.